Infertility represents a growing emergency in western countries, affecting about one out of seven couples who attempt to have a child. Many times we are told it’s a genetic problem (or not given a reason..) when in reality it is an epigenetic problem. This means our lifestyle habits and environmental factors change the expression of our genes. The good news is we can change them for the better.
Dr. Mimi is trained in the Schaefer Protocol, which is a physiology based lifestyle program that understands that your function is optimal for health.
This protocol understands that fertility is an expression of health. Healthy parents not only have better fertility outcomes, they have healthier pregnancies, healthier children, and easier postpartum healing experiences. Dr. Mimi’s goal is to help couples create the environment for a healthy conception, and empower them to take responsibility of their health so they can create healthy families.
We follow this hierarchy in the protocol:
- Structure dictates function;
- Function allows for adaptation;
- Adaptation is the expression of health.
It’s important to understand that this is a shared journey.
In about 50% of the cases of infertility, it is due to a male factor.
Paternal preconception health effects development of pregnancy complications such as:
- Gestational diabetes
- Preterm birth
- Baby’s long-term health
- Health of pregnancy
Male preconception health even has an impact on pregnancy loss (miscarriage) and repeated pregnancy loss.
There are 8 pillars of health that are addressed through this protocol that are ESSENTIAL for your health and your future child’s health.
8 Pillars of Health:
- Real food
- Essential Nutrients
What you can expect:
- A period of active chiropractic care with multiple visits per week in the beginning, depending on your history and exam
- Education and action steps to minimize/eliminate environmental factors that are impacting your health and fertility
- Education and guidance on the 8 pillars of health
- Comprehensive bloodwork
- Supplementation recommendations
- Additional support and resources
An egg takes 120 days to develop; Sperm take 60-90 days to develop
Given this physiological fact, my best recommendation is starting care at least 120 days before trying to conceive. How healthy you are throughout that time determines the health of your cells, and therefore conception. The sooner you start, the better! It takes time to develop healthy habits.
This type of work is right for you if:
- You have been trying to conceive without the outcomes you’d hoped for in 3-6 months, or longer
- You are planning to do IVF or other medical treatment and want to support your body for the most optimal outcome
- You have had multiple rounds of IVF without success
- You’ve had through a miscarriage and want to heal optimally + prepare for next conception
- You haven’t began trying to conceive yet but want to prepare your body
- You are in the postpartum phase and would like to prepare for your next pregnancy
- You want the health of yourself and your future generations to be the focus of getting pregnant
Investment in health, between $3099—$5200, plus ~$300/month for the supplementation recommendations. Insurance may cover some of the in-clinic treatment. Cash and payment plan options are also available.
SCHEDULE NOW for a consultation
Or call our office (708)403-5075 to schedule.
COMING SOON TO IHSOP: Mercier Therapy
Mercier Therapy is a gentle, external pelvic organ manipulation technique that helps bring better mobility and blood flow to the reproductive organs.
Think about if you injure your shoulder—you can’t move it as much and don’t have full function. You typically would expect someone to go through some sort of rehab to gain range of motion and function back. If you injured it, you may seek treatment to help it heal.
Why is it, then, as a society we don’t allow this type of attention to our pelvic region, who’s function is critical to healthy conceptions and pregnancies? Blood flow and mobility are essential for any organ’s function, the reproductive organs especially!
Pregnancy is like a marathon, but do you prepare for it? Imagine if you showed up to a marathon without having trained or preparing your body—what do you imagine the outcome would be if you just went with the flow? Would you be prepared to run 26.2 miles?
Mercier Therapy is a gentle therapy that prepares your body for the marathon that pregnancy is by optimizing your pelvic organ function. Mercier Therapy helps women conceive gently as well as prepare their bodies for better outcomes with medically assisted cycles such as IVF. It is also crucial in helping serve women with pelvic pain and c-section recovery.
Dr. Mercier has written and published 2 independent research studies, the most recent indicating an 87.7 percent pregnancy success rate in women who have undergone Mercier Therapy prior to starting IVF stimulation. The abstract, “Mercier Therapy Improves IVF Outcomes” was published in the Winter 2018 edition of Midwifery Today.
Coming summer 2022. Spots are very limited due to Dr. Mimi’s full adjusting schedule. Sign up to get on the waiting list!