Knee pain is among the most common conditions. It affects individuals of any age and is brought on by a number of health conditions, both chronic and temporary. From injuries to arthritis, knee pain may arise when you least expect it. Fortunately, our team can help you adjust and regain your mobility. Integrated Health Solutions specializes in the treatment of many forms of pain. We’ll talk to you at a consultation to help you determine the best course of treatment.
What Causes Knee Pain?
If you’ve got a sore knee, you likely want to find out what’s causing your discomfort. There are many potential causes of knee pain, as well as lifestyle choices that act as aggravating factors. In general, it’s often the result of a single or combined cause:
- Injury. It’s common to experience lasting pain after injuring your knee. ACL tears, fractures, bursitis and more can lead to various symptoms, particularly if the injury wasn’t treated properly from the get-go.
- Mechanical Issues. A dislocated kneecap, degeneration of bone or cartilage, iliotibial band syndrome or an altered gait can lead to mechanical issues of the knee.
- Arthritis. With over 100 types of arthritis in existence, pinning down the exact nature of your pain can be tricky. The most common types of arthritis include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid and gout. Arthritis is typically degenerative, however, it’s possible to mitigate some of the long-term damage with proper care.
- Other Factors. Excess weight, certain sports or occupations and poor flexibility may all contribute to a painful knee.
The cause is important because it guides our chiropractors to the right treatment. Your symptoms are key to a diagnosis. A few examples include:
- Skin that’s red or hot to the touch
- Popping joint
- Limited movement
- Trouble walking or bending the knee
These can pose obstacles to your daily life. Fortunately, there are pathways to improved mobility and less pain. Your best option is to speak with a knee pain specialist who can answer your most pressing questions.
How Knee Pain is Treated
While in some cases knee pain responds well to at-home treatments, such as cold packs and rest, it’s often best to visit a health professional. Many times, a health specialist can use various treatments to heal your knee faster. As such, you may opt for chiropractic care, a natural way to relieve knee pain while avoiding side effects produced by some medications.
Chiropractic is among the best ways to alleviate discomfort associated with many conditions of the knee. Whether it’s an injury or a degenerative condition causing your pain, chiropractic offers relief. An adjustment can realign the knee and ensure the joint bends as it’s supposed to. As a result, you’ll enjoy less inflammation, pain and stiffness. You can get back on track regarding exercise and your career, which knee soreness may have held you back from. Ultimately, chiropractic delivers the results you’re seeking while promoting better health in the long run.
Talk to Our Chiropractors Today!
Getting started on a journey to better health is easiest with our team. Integrated Health Solutions is committed to helping you achieve a pain-free life. Our full-body approach to pain relief assesses any conditions and lifestyle choices that may be contributing to pain, resulting in healthier habits that last a lifetime. If you’d like to schedule a consultation, call us today.