Migraines are more than just your average headache. Migraines can cause debilitating pain in addition to a number of unpleasant symptoms. Some individuals experience migraines in certain situations, while others live with chronic, recurring migraines. Migraines can take the joy out of your life, leaving you bedbound and struggling with pain. In addition to medication and doctor supervision, migraines can be managed through natural remedies, like chiropractic care and medical treatments. If you’re interested in trying a low-risk chiropractic adjustment to reduce your migraine pain, call Integrated Health Solutions.
Migraines: Causes and Symptoms
Migraines are different than a headache. In addition to pain, migraines can cause a multitude of intense physical symptoms that begin up to a day before the pain starts. Once the migraine peaks in intensity, an individual may experience several distinct symptoms:
- Sensitivity to light, sound and smell
- Pain on one side of the head
- Nausea and vomiting
- Vision problems
Migraines are particularly debilitating because they disrupt your life. Even after the pain fades, you’re left feeling exhausted and out of sorts. It’s best to prevent these migraines before they happen, rather than cope with the aftermath. Further, the reasons individual experiences migraines are not always clear. An unhealthy diet, elevated stress levels, poor sleeping habits are only a few of the many known triggers.
How a Chiropractor and Advanced Medical Team Can Help
If you have migraines, then chances are, you’ve tried every treatment available to try and stop the episodes. Some individuals struggle to find a treatment that works for them—until they discover chiropractic.
Chiropractic care helps because it is a preventative measure. Stopping the pain as the migraine begins is often futile, so prevention is your best bet. Chiropractic adjustments realign your spinal cord, which can reduce tension in your neck and encourage blood flow to your head. Both of these benefits can lower your chances of facing another episode.
What to Expect From Chiropractic Adjustments
There’s no single treatment that will help everyone. However, a good portion of migraine sufferers who try chiropractic care experience relief. Most people can expect the following when receiving a chiropractic adjustment for migraines:
- Reduced body tension. Your chiropractic adjustments will likely focus on your neck and shoulder region. That being said, a proper alignment carries benefits for the rest of your body, as well. You’ll feel less tense, especially through your neck.
- Better overall wellbeing. Chiropractic care has a positive impact on your physical and mental health. It can help you relax, which is valuable for those who suffer migraines. Some migraines are caused by anxiety, so reduced anxiety means fewer attacks.
- Gradual results. Chiropractic care often requires a bit of patience. While your migraines may not lessen right away, be assured that consistent appointments can lead to reduced pain and fewer attacks.
Manage Your Migraines at Integrated Health Solutions
At Integrated Health Solutions, our advanced medical team consisting of a medical doctor, nurse practitioner and chiropractors carry out each adjustment with the utmost care and compassion. We’re happy to discuss whether chiropractic care would be helpful for your migraines. Please call or message us to schedule an appointment. We look forward to hearing from you.