We all have experienced bouts of anxiety, be it before an important presentation at work or going on a first date. Occasionally feeling anxious or fearful is a normal human response to uncomfortable or unexpected situations. These feelings cause concern when you are experiencing them when there is no apparent cause.
The Signs and Symptoms of Anxiety
Understanding the signs and symptoms of anxiety can help you find treatment and get you back on track to living a happy, worry-free life. The symptoms of anxiety can be obvious, like excessive worry over seemingly minor issues, or can be slightly more challenging to identify, such as a weakened immune system. Conditions you should look out for if you suspect you have anxiety include:
- A frequent or constant sense of doom
- Excessive worrying
- Muscle tension
- Frequent colds or illness
- Concentration issues
Your Natural Treatment Options
For some, having to medication each day can seem daunting or unpleasant. For others, they have given up on medication entirely due to its ineffectiveness in the past. A solution for those who do not wish to take medicine is chiropractic care. When you go through chiropractic treatments, your chiropractor focuses mainly on your spine. The spine serves as the home to the central nervous system, which is responsible for many of your body’s day-to-day functions. One of the nervous system’s most important roles is to control and regulate the body’s hormones. If the spine is misaligned, your nervous system cannot correctly function, leading to hormonal imbalances.
Those who have hormonal imbalances can experience fluctuations in weight, disruptions in sleep and mood patterns, and increased anxiety. Fortunately, several chiropractic treatment options offer drug-free solutions to your anxiety.
- Spinal Adjustments: Spinal adjustments help realign the spine and allow the brain to better communicate with the rest of your body. This clear path to the rest of the body enables hormones to regulate themselves, resulting in lowered anxiety and stress levels.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture allows your chiropractor to focus on several parts of your body at once. This helps to promote and regulate blood flow. Many clients leave their acupuncture session feeling relaxed and reinvigorated.
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy helps to reduce muscle tension and improves emotional well-being by releasing stress and relaxing the body. Massage therapy has also proven to be helpful with sleep disruption and disorders associated with anxiety.
When to Seek Treatment
When suffering from anxiety and the physical and emotional effects it can have on you and your body, it can be hard to determine just when to seek the treatment of a chiropractor. If you find that you’re experiencing interruptions in your day-to-day routine due to anxiety, it’s time to think about seeking treatment.
If you seek alternative options to medication for your treating your anxiety, get in touch with the chiropractic team at Integrated Health Solutions. We have several licensed, experienced team members who can assist you in taking control of your anxiety. Call or complete our form to schedule your consultation today.