Tinley Park Migraine Treatment
When a migraine strikes when you least expect it, you may be out of commission for several days. Migraines are very painful headaches paired with neurological symptoms, and everyone experiences them differently. At Integrated Health Solutions, we administer Tinley Park migraine treatment that’s individualized for you. Chiropractic is an effective way to manage and prevent migraines, so learn more about this option at a consultation with our knowledgeable team.
The Signs and Causes of Migraines
A migraine isn’t your typical headache. Whereas most forms of head pain can be managed using at-home measures, migraines often require treatments due to its complex nature. The pain is often debilitating and is accompanied by vision changes, sensitivity to noise and light, numbness or tingling in the extremities and more. While the exact cause is unknown, migraines are believed to be triggered by unusual brain activity that affects signals between nerves and blood vessels’ function.
A few possible causes of migraines include:
- Stress. Stress has a significant impact on the body, and for those with migraines, it can be devastating. After a period of heightened stress, many individuals with migraine may develop an episode. Often, changing stress levels are attributed to heightened migraine risk, so stress management is paramount to preventing pain.
- Hormone Changes. Men and women experience fluctuations in hormone levels. Menopause and other periods of shifting hormone levels can bring about migraines.
- Neck and Shoulder Tension. Muscular tension in the neck and shoulders is known to trigger migraines in some people. Stiffness can affect blood vessels in the head, which may bring about a migraine episode as a result.
- Poor Sleep. A good night’s rest does more than improve your concentration and keep you energized throughout the day. Adequate sleep can lower the risk of migraine episodes, and the opposite is true as well. A restless night can trigger a migraine in the following days.
- Diet. Certain foods and drinks can trigger migraines. Finding the specific cause is often a matter of eliminating certain foods and seeing if that improves your condition.
No matter what your migraine triggers are, a chiropractor can help. We provide in-depth advice regarding lifestyle changes, dietary adjustments and more that can reduce your risk of a migraine attack. Chiropractic adjustments also have a host of benefits you don’t want to miss out on:
- Reduction in bodily tension
- Reduces stress
- Helps manage pain from a migraine
- Boosts mobility, allowing you to get enough exercise
- Is believed to improve sleep quality
Each of these benefits impact all areas of your health, which in turn reduces the pain associated with migraines. Many patients report fewer migraine days as a result of weekly chiropractic care.
Call Our Office for Chiropractic Treatment
Chiropractic has a number of physical and mental health benefits for those who deal with migraines. As a leading cause of disability, migraines can be tricky to manage. Fortunately, with an experienced chiropractor at Integrated Health Solutions, you can try the best Tinley Park migraine treatment at our office and continue towards a healthier, happier life. Call us now to begin.