Mokena Depression Chiropractor
Among the surprising benefits of chiropractic treatment, a chiropractor at Integrated Health Solutions can help ease the symptoms of depression. While those suffering from depression experience symptoms differently, most physical symptoms such as fatigue, muscle tension, and headaches are felt in at least some form. Studies have shown that 50 percent of those suffering from depression who use medication to treat symptoms will relapse at least once during their treatment. With chiropractic care, specialists use natural practices to bring relief to those experiencing the negative bodily effects of depression.
How Does Chiropractic Care Help Depression?
When you hear about care options for depression, the most common treatment avenues mentioned are therapy and antidepressants. While many find these treatments effective, others experience negative side effects of drugs, cannot afford pricey, weekly therapy, and simply want a natural remedy for their symptoms. If you’re unfamiliar with chiropractic care, you might not know or understand how a Mokena depression chiropractor can assist you. Among the relaxing benefits of chiropractic care, Integrated Health Solutions can provide you with physical improvements such as:
- Releases positive hormones such as cortisol, oxytocin, and neurotensin. These hormones help to reduce stress, improve neuro-communication, and relieve pain associated with inflammation.
- Balances the body and mind through spinal adjustments. Readjusting the spine allows for the signals from the brain to flow more easily through the body. In addition, a Mokena depression chiropractor at Integrated Health Solutions can assist you in regulating your diet and creating an effective and manageable exercise program.
- Promotes healthy sleep habits by improving blood flow, which in turn promotes relaxation and a slower mind.
- Lowers blood pressure by realigning the Atlas vertebra in the spine to reduce hypertension, thus reducing the risk of experiencing a stroke, heart attack, or other cardiovascular issues.
Your Treatment Options
When you visit a Mokena depression chiropractor at Integrated Health Solutions, you will be provided various treatment options. When you meet with a team member, they will discuss your symptoms, the treatment options you’ve sought in the past, and the options we can provide. Some of the common treatment options available include:
- Massage Therapy: Our licensed massage therapist can provide a range of massage options that can assist with your symptoms of depression. Massage therapy helps to improve blood flow, reduce stress, and ease tension. Our massage therapy is tailored to each individual, providing them with personalized treatment for their specific needs.
- Acupuncture: As an ancient form of alternative medicine, acupuncture has many misconceptions. Our Mokena depression chiropractor can help clear all of these misconceptions and allow you to walk away from our office in a happier, more harmonious state of mind. Acupuncture is a safe alternative to medication without drowsiness, nauseousness, and other negative side effects.
- Trigger Point Therapy: During a trigger point therapy appointment, our specialist will use a special tool to apply pressure to trigger points to relieve tension in the muscles. This results in a reduction of pent-up stress throughout the entire body.
Contact a Mokena Depression Chiropractor Today!
When the physical effects of depression start to weigh on you, and you feel like you’ve run out of options that do not include medication, a Mokena depression chiropractor is here to help. Contact the experts at Integrated Health Solutions to explore your treatment options.