Back Pain Doctor Tinley Park
Do you suffer from chronic back pain? Have you had a recent injury that resulted in acute back pain? Back pain, both chronic and acute, is a common issue among adults with 35% experiencing some form of back pain. This type of pain can be categorized as acute, subacute, or chronic and can last a varying amount of time. With so many adults suffering from this ailment it’s important to understand more about back pain and ways to prevent and treat it. If you are looking for a back pain doctor in Tinley Park read on to learn more about your options.
What is Back Pain?
As mentioned, back pain can fall into three different categories:
- Chronic- can come on quickly or slowly and lasts longer than 12 weeks or occurs daily
- Acute- comes on suddenly and usually lasts a few days up to a few weeks
- Subacute- comes on suddenly or over time and lasts 4 to 12 weeks
Your back pain symptoms can vary with individuals feeling shooting, burning, or stabbing pain. Your pain could also radiate down a leg and certain motions or activities can make it worse like twisting, walking, standing, lifting or bending. Back pain can seriously hinder your day to day life and although it’s common, it should be taken seriously and treated as soon as possible before it causes a severe decrease in your quality of life.
Understanding the Cause of Your Back Pain
Just as back pain can vary in length, symptoms, and severity, it also can have a multitude of causes. It is important to work with a trained professional to determine the root cause of your back pain so it can be properly treated. Some causes of back pain include:
- Injuries- car accidents or lifting accidents can often cause a painful strain in your back muscles. These are two of the most common ways people strain their back muscles and spinal ligaments.
- Disc issues- bulging or ruptured discs can cause your back pain. The discs in your back act as cushions between the bones of your spine. Sometimes the soft tissue in your discs can bulge or rupture, putting pressure on nearby nerves and causing pain. Disc issues like these are often found on MRIs or X-Rays and don’t always lead to back pain. Work with a doctor to find out if this may be a source of your pain.
- Health conditions- some health conditions like arthritis and osteoporosis can be the cause behind your back pain.
Treating Your Back Pain
There are a variety of ways you can successfully treat your back pain. The treatment option that works best for you will depend on your causes and symptoms. A trained back pain doctor in Tinley Park can work closely with you to determine which treatment plan will be most successful. Some options may include:
Integrated Health Solutions
Now that you know all the basics about back pain, its causes, symptoms, and treatments, give our professionals at Integrated Health Solutions a call! We are experienced back pain doctors in Tinley Park that can help you find the right treatment to soothe your back pain.